Is anyone using the Ajax Scroller for Twitter?

15 years 2 days ago #4105 by bachi
The reason I ask, is because I have tried multiple things and cannot get it to look like it does on the demo page.

joomla15.sakic.net/ajax-scroller/

Ive also seen the 1 post here in the forums asking the same question. The explanation is not that helpful though, im wondering if its a language barrier issue..

www.sakic.net/forum/ajax_series/twitter_...scroller-t932.0.html

If anyone can give me more detail on how to get this to sucessfully work, it would be appreciated, as this is the only reason I bought the Ajax Scroller. Thanks in advance.  ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 days ago #4106 by Saka
You think my explanation was not helpful? Language barriers? You mean I made grammatical errors? :)

Seriously though, just ask what is not clear under the same thread and I will do my best to explain further. Ultimately I can offer personal assistance for styling it if you send the access info (admin password and FTP) by email.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 2 days ago #4107 by bachi
Sorry about the earlier post, I didnt mean to be offensive in any way. I thank you for your quick response.  :)

The Twitter module on the demo page has a container that looking at the HTML source is like this:

<div class="twitterbox"><h3>Twitter</h3>{loadposition user5}</div>

So does this entry go into the html of my joomla template?

Then this class is styled in template CSS:

div.twitterbox {
    background: url(../images/twitter-bottom.gif) no-repeat left bottom;
        width: 350px;
        padding: 0 0 20px 10px;
        margin-bottom: 2px;
}
div.twitterbox h3 {
        background: url(../images/twitter-top.gif) no-repeat left top;
        margin-left: -10px;
        padding: 8px 0 0 8px;
        color: #33ccff;
}

When I add these entries to my template.css it reacts... The only thing that changes though is the color of the Twitter header. I dont see the twitter bar images anywhere and I have them in the proper images location. Is there something else that I need to modify in the style css to get this to work? Because it also seems like the information is squished. not like your demo layout at all. It seems like I am so close, just missing a piece to the puzzle. You can check www.digitalbrawler.com/blogs to see how it looks on my site now.

15 years 2 days ago #4109 by shackbase
We are using it on www.joomlaviews.com - Emir helped us set it up though.

--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

15 years 2 days ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4110 by Saka
OK, let's forget about previous explanation. It was more for module included in content. Let's start from beginning.

Tutorial: Styling AJAX Scroller module for Twitter

1. Go to modules in Joomla admin and edit the AJAX Scroller module. In Module Parameters find Module Class Suffix and add _twitter to this field. Make sure that Show Title is set to Yes. Save the module.

2. In the template CSS file (e.g. templates/your_template/css/template.css) add the following at the end of the file:
.moduletable_twitter {
    background: url(../images/twitter-bottom.gif) no-repeat left bottom;
    width: 350px;
    padding: 0 0 20px 10px;
    margin-bottom: 2px;
}
.moduletable_twitter h3 {
    background: url(../images/twitter-top.gif) no-repeat left top;
    margin-left: -10px;
    padding: 8px 0 0 8px;
    color: #33ccff;
}

3. Upload the styling images to your template image folder (e.g. templates/your_template/images/). Here are the images:
joomla15.sakic.net/modules/mod_ajaxscrol...ages/twitter-top.gif
joomla15.sakic.net/modules/mod_ajaxscrol...s/twitter-bottom.gif

4. That's it. You should now see the wrapper. You may want to change the module width/height but then you will need to create new images. Also these images are created on white background, if you need some other color you will have to create new ones or create transparent png images instead.
The module width, buttons position etc. are edited in modules own CSS file, as explained in the documentation and FAQ .

I hope this tutorial makes more sense. Let me know if it's still unclear.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch